Is this enough lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coozle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2x 20w fluorescent bulbs in my 32 Gal tank that holds some easy and moderate plants such as amazon swords, sprites etc.

that will be just fine for low light plants, assuming the color temp/spectrum provided by the bulbs is correct.

Amazon sword need medium lighting!!! So don't be surprised if u see it slowly die.
If/when u start to see it die buy some new lights if u want to keep it.
BTW they also need root tabs.

Amazon sword need medium lighting!!! So don't be surprised if u see it slowly die.
If/when u start to see it die buy some new lights if u want to keep it.
BTW they also need root tabs.

I have amazon sword in a 29g with 28w of light, one 10,000 and one 6,700. They don't grow fast but they are growing. Since they get so big it's the perfect situation.

So I agree with fort, that will work.

I have amazon sword in a 29g with 28w of light, one 10,000 and one 6,700. They don't grow fast but they are growing. Since they get so big it's the perfect situation.

So I agree with fort, that will work.

I agree and consider the wpg rule more a guide line IMO/E. I grew Cabomba on .5wpg for about 3 months, not great growth but it didn't die off at all.

Root tabs really make a difference, and recommend you use them to help keep the sword healthy.

oo ermm do u mind me asking a question?
will a double PL light with 27 watts 6500k each be sufficient for medium to high light plants? its for a standard 10 gallons

oo ermm do u mind me asking a question?
will a double PL light with 27 watts 6500k each be sufficient for medium to high light plants? its for a standard 10 gallons

IMO defiantly. U may even need CO2! But i am not sure! :)

You might be better off taking the total watts down unless you want to run co2. I'm not experienced in the use of co2 but it know it can get expensive. So unless there are some specific high light plants you want you may want to put in less light.

Hubert90, you should probably start your own thread. I know we aren't really off topic here but you are a little most specific than the original post.

mfergusonjr said:
Hubert90, you should probably start your own thread. I know we aren't really off topic here but you are a little most specific than the original post.

Ok sorry didn't mean to bombard this thread!

Back
Top Bottom