Is this Lagarosiphon Madagascariensis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sorry for the poor pics. I just have a small strand of it in the tank. This is another one that came along with a shipment of shrimp:

DSC08169.JPG

DSC08163.JPG

It's hard to see it that pic, but I believe it could be Najas guadalupensis. If it breaks apart very easily, then it is Najas guadalupensis.

Well, it's not really brittle. I mean I have to use my fingernail to break the stem. Does look a lot like the photos on Google Images for Najas guadalupensis though, but it also looks kinda like the photos of Lagarosiphon madagascariensis... Well the less-bushy ones anyways. Is there a way to test how easily it breaks apart? I guess I haven't really handled it that much...

When I had some, all I had to do was pull up on it and it would break apart at the nodes.

FWIW, I think RK was right. It will break apart if you play around with it. As I have searched through all the images on google, I am convinced that it is Najas guadalupensis. AKA Guppy Grass.

Thanks for the ID Randy!

dapellegrini said:
FWIW, I think RK was right. It will break apart if you play around with it. As I have searched through all the images on google, I am convinced that it is Najas guadalupensis. AKA Guppy Grass.

Thanks for the ID Randy!

Not a problem, your Welcome.

(If you feel like you own me one, I will take some Mermaid weed. :) )

:) ... Tell you what, when it gets to the point of serious trimming, you can have first dibs. Don't hold your breath though, I think that is still a while off.

dapellegrini said:
:) ... Tell you what, when it gets to the point of serious trimming, you can have first dibs. Don't hold your breath though, I think that is still a while off.

I'm going to hold you to that. :lol: I really like how it looks in your tank.

I finally have my BBA in remission, so sometime soon I will be up to trading some plants. I have 32 different species, so just let me know what you want when the time comes. (Oh, and I have some HC coming this week)

Back
Top Bottom