Is this safe for aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I seen on YouTube where a guy put this in gel capsules and used for plant tabs was wondering if it would be safe to use

Attachments

• image-2871581824.jpg
    image-2871581824.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 85
I have heard of people freezing osmocote in ice and shoving that down in the substrate before. It should be fine.

That's the formula I use ... and I do the Ice cube method as mentioned 6-7 pellets per cube.

This is a great hint. Thanks for whoever started posting about it. I just started with a planted tank and am happy for any economies I can make.

7 bucks at Walmart or 10 for a bigger container the guy that I seem on YouTube said its lasted him a year

Mine will last me well over 2 years at the rate I'm going. I only plant it where I have my swords and Crypts. Areas with either no plants or filter feeding plants like Java Fern/ Anubias I don't plant it.

More heavily planted root feeding plants I can see going through a bottle in a year ... still compare one bottle a year vs multiple batches of root tabs ... no comparison.

Think one cube per area with a 6inch diameter.
One cube could provide nutrients for several plants.

Back
Top Bottom