Issue with CO2 canister- help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I went and got my CO2 refilled just now.. and I hook it up, turn it on and it made that ear piercing "lots of air being pushed out of a tiny hole" noise.

I tightened everything.. and Ive always had this problem, but I can't remember how I fix it each time.

Any suggestions?

*rock look*

all I did was unscrew the thing to get it filled... and then screwed it back

uhm here is a picture of it

img_442804_0_3f3238c9c8dc2cb51a0182dced4eaf2c.jpg

Okay, i loosened the nob in the middle, but wouldn't that make CO2 leak out?

Its not squealing anymore, and the CO2 is coming out, but if I loosened that nob wouldn't that make it leak?

Sorry, this whole system was given to me.. so im only 89% sure I know whats going on

I'm not sure what might be causing your problem but I thought that I should point out that you should not use teflon tape on any connection prior to the regulator (and it doesn't sound like you are) on your CO2 system. If even a small bit of teflon tape gets into the regulator flow assembly it can clog/damage it badly.

I decided if the CO2 leaks, it leaks.. ill just get more hehe
My plants seem to be happier =o)
I honestly just need someone to come over to my house and tell me what im doing right and what im doing wrong.. haha

you could try taking it to the place you got it filled and see if someone who is experienced with co2 tanks could diagnose the problem. I'm sure they would, if not go somewhere else.

dr_girlfriend said:
you could try taking it to the place you got it filled and see if someone who is experienced with co2 tanks could diagnose the problem. I'm sure they would, if not go somewhere else.

Hehe im not sure the guys at the beer bar know whats going on with it =oP

but good idea hehe

Back
Top Bottom