Jack Daniels!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordo2472003

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok im thinking about moving away from the fake rocks,plants and volcanos for a classier more modern look. i have an expensive bottle of jack that i happily just finished off that im thinking of filling up about halfway with water and food coloring to make it look like jack ,putting the cork back in and placing it in my aquarium. i think with the black stones at the bottom and a large center piece rock that could actually look really good. but im not sure how i would keep the bottle sticker from coming off . any suggestions?

If its actually cork, I wouldnt put it in the fish tank. It tends to deteriorate. Id be afraid the label would fall apart too.

You could seal the end up with silicone and spray the whole thing in Krylon Fusion clear.

Let me google that for you

It is supposedly safe for aquarium use. I've heard of people using it seal up numerous things in their tank. You can probably get it at walmart or a similar store.

Yeah, and if you want to go with the natural look, bottles and cans are what you find in lakes and rivers these days!!!

update

ok well i had this great vision about how it all would look. so i took all the volcanos and fake rocks out of the tank and drove around for a while looking for a nice thick branch and some river rocks. i found it . the log was perfect!! 6 ft long , a perfect fit. so i wash the rocks and literally take a shower with the log to make sure it was clean only to realize that once i put it in the tank that it FLOATS!!! made me pretty mad, so there goes that idea.i did compete the bottle of jack but when i put it in the tank all the painted areas started getting a milky white texture to it. not sure why but im hoping it will go away.

As far as the log, you need to let it sit in the water till it soaks up enough to become water-logged and then it will sink. You may want to weight it down with a rock so it stays on the bottom to absorb water.

As far as the log, you need to let it sit in the water till it soaks up enough to become water-logged and then it will sink. You may want to weight it down with a rock so it stays on the bottom to absorb water.

wow i never knew that. thanks man i will defiantly try that.

Why not buy a new bottle, seal the label, then throw it in the tank as a reserve LOL

Back
Top Bottom