Java ferns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, if I got java ferns would ramshorn snails destroy them? And how hardy are these plants and what is care like for them? Thanks!

Ramshorn snails will not bother the plants but will eat biofilm and algae off them. Java Ferns are easy plants but will benefit if you add a dose of Flourish Comprehensive weekly to the tank after a WC.

Ramshorn snails will not bother the plants but will eat biofilm and algae off them. Java Ferns are easy plants but will benefit if you add a dose of Flourish Comprehensive weekly to the tank after a WC.
alright thanks, so are the ramshorns a good thing?

If you like them they are fine. I prefer nerites myself as they can't reproduce in freshwater and you never have to worry about getting over populated. There are many colors of ramshorns like blue and pink which are very popular and quite attractive.

If you like them they are fine. I prefer nerites myself as they can't reproduce in freshwater and you never have to worry about getting over populated. There are many colors of ramshorns like blue and pink which are very popular and quite attractive.
I'm just asking because I already have a huge pop. Of them and personally hate them but a long as they won't hurt the plants them good

Usually if you get overpopulated with them your overfeeding the tank leaving way too much food available. The more food they have the more they reproduce.

I don't know the size of your tank but 3 Dwarf Chain Loaches work great in smaller tanks with snail problems. They get about 1-1/2 inches and are really fun little fish to have in a tank.

I don't know the size of your tank but 3 Dwarf Chain Loaches work great in smaller tanks with snail problems. They get about 1-1/2 inches and are really fun little fish to have in a tank.
oh really? I have a 20 gal. Ill look into that when u get rid of some platy

Back
Top Bottom