Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welshy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi just a quick post went to the local fish shop today for some new tubes and ballast etc when the guy offered me some java moss for free. My question is. Has anyone had any experience with java moss?what length is best? And does it create a good carpet? Any comments greatly appreciated I have attached a few piks if you can point me in the right direction on sweet places in my tank to attach it too

Attachments

• image-1672099940.jpg
    image-1672099940.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image-9165559.jpg
    image-9165559.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1787413360.jpg
    image-1787413360.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 81
Wow just had a quick peek at your post I like the idea of using the stones.... If I did a few stones and placed them side by side they should eventually look like a carpet? Do you trim yours and if so can you reuse the cuttings?

On a further note the local fish shop is great they also have a points card so if your a regular you build up points and they give you discount on goods I went to buy some more sand the other week ( deeper bed) plus a few other bits and bobs came to around £20 used my points.....cost me nothing great little store!!

Sounds like a nice store! Re: the stones...that's the basic idea. My advice would be to use the java moss somewhat sparingly rather then thick if you give it a try though. After about three weeks, the three rocks in my tank (which I used quite a bit of moss for) are finally getting some nice sprouts, however I also did another rock for my son's tank with left over moss and even though I didn't use as much moss for his, his has quite a nice "grassy" look to it already.

I don't worry about trimming mine. Java moss is a very prolific grower, it should double in amount in no time at all with little encouragment.

Thanks for your help! I will let you know how I get on won't have time to mess untilsaturday work commitments are a painright now!

Sure..Let us know how it turns out. I'd totally tie some to that piece of driftwood on the mid/left. Would look really nice there!

Back
Top Bottom