Java Moss???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Which is the real java moss? One is thin and turning brown. The other is thicker and greener.

Attachments

• image-1456212009.jpg
    image-1456212009.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 175
  • image-3128044676.jpg
    image-3128044676.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 166
I'm not an expert but the stuff on the bottom looks more like java to me. The stuff in the first picture looks like a ball of hair algae to me! Lol. :)

I am sorry the pictures are not better quality. I took them with my IPhone. The second picture moss is thicker, more appealing and just looks tougher. I bought that java moss from Aquariumplants.com. The first picture moss was bought from a lfs and from an aquantence on this forum. The real issue is when people purchase java moss, are they really getting java moss or some sort of non-aquatic thin hair-like moss that turns brown and dies.

the second looks more like java moss to me. they could both be java moss,and the one in the fisrt pic is just dying

alLexX said:
the second looks more like java moss to me. they could both be java moss,and the one in the fisrt pic is just dying

Definitely agree the second is java moss

The first picture was supposed to be java moss. When I bought it, it was all green but so thin you could use it as hair! The picture on the right came much thicker and green with a little brown, but it looks like a thick, heavy beard with fingers.

Anyway, thank you, it is much appreciated!

Well, now I know. Some people are getting taken!

Back
Top Bottom