Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd tie them to the wood, with fishing line, its nearly invisible.cause they don't really have roots, it just grows wherever it wants

So they would be floating of it was never tied and still be growing while floating?!

Check my shrimp tank, there is a good photo, I attached it to the back with suction cups with stainlesssteel wire I aswell tied it on a rock or half a coconut shell with fishing wire

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120709_151920.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120709_151920.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 53
How does the java moss stick to objects and I heard they do best on mopani wood, is that true?

The moss grows onto the surface using rhizoids. As previously stated, they are not a rooted plant, therefore they have no roots. Java moss grows quickly without CO2 or ferts and attaches to any type of wood well. I set a clump next to a piece of driftwood in my salamander tank, it is now beginning to grow up and around the piece of driftwood.

What is clfs? I tried tropical daylight(blue and white) on a t5 fitting, tropical sunset (red and white) on a t5. And q normal lamp In my small tank, I see no differences

Cfls are compact flueroscent bulbs used for plants always. 10 watts cfls are equal to 50 watts incAndescent bulbs!

What kind of light do you use for them

Standard flourescent tube strip lights, with three strip bulbs. Personally, I don't like the CFLs, because they tend to raise the temperature of the tank which causes a whole other set of problems. For what its worth, if you goal is to grow plants cheaply, get the alluminum reflector clamp ons and use 10,000K sunlight bulbs. You will get good growth and they are very inexpensive compared to aquarium lights. Don't look real good, but cheap way to go.

No clue, im not form America or England, I dont really know what it is, I just ask in the petshop or do it yourself store for a new lamp, Wich matches the sizes of the old and the same amount of watts. And go for it

They just grow or they don't, co2 is a good growth help, lamps.I dont know co2 is the magic word for plants

Back
Top Bottom