Java Moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can remove the line once the moss it attached. It kind of looks like it's attached.

My java seems to have quite a bit of yellow and wilting in it? Is that due to it adjusting? I have two HO t5 lights, flourish comprehensive once a week, and co2 injection

Yellowing could be a sign of potassium deficiency. Your only dosing micro nutrients and might have to see about getting some seachem potassium.

Is there a fert that has all the macro nutrients in it? Or would it be better to focus on the potassium deficiency? Because come to think of it my Val's leaves aren't the greenest they could be, and up until two weeks ago I used flourish excel

Not sure if I speak correct, but you could start doing dry ferts like PPS-Pro as I and Rivercats do...they have all the macro and micro nutrients plants need. Rivercats had to explain it to me a bunch for me to figure it out lol

Where can I purchase them? Or what thread did y'all discuss this in?

I got my dry fert pack from GLA - (here) and that has all the micro and macro powders you need in each formula...here is the formula:
You also need 2 1000mL dosing bottles from GLA. You will also need a gram scale- i got mine from amazon. Here is what Rivercats told me when I was learning lol:

The fertilizer package has your nitrates, phosphates, potassium, and the CSM+B is your micro nutrients. **These 4 packages you get are all you need. *Plus 2- 1000ml dosing bottles from them too.

Then mix your macro solution:

In 1 liter bottle: *(which is the 1000ml dosing bottle)

59 grams K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
65 grams KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate)
6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate)

Fill with distilled or RO water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

Next mix your Micro Solution:

In 1 liter bottle: *(1000ml dosing bottle)

80 grams of CSM+B or equivalent trace element mix

Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

Also add 5ml of Excel to each 250ml of Micro and Macro mix
(20ml Excel to a 1000ml dosing bottle)

Thats it!

Interesting! Thank you for the information ill have to look into that! I love how you said at the end "that's it!" Lol, even though it is respectively easy!

Yellowing could be a sign of potassium deficiency. Your only dosing micro nutrients and might have to see about getting some seachem potassium.

If you don't have alot of plants in your tank you could just try the Seachem Potassium first. Otherwise dry ferts are another option but you need to use the Excel daily if you go with dry ferts. Dry ferts are good for med-high light tanks that run either CO2 or use liquid carbon such as Excel. So it's a matter of choice which way you want to try right now.

Back
Top Bottom