Java Moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, my aquarium has been setup for 6 months now, and now I am trying to get some sort of plant to grow and look like grass in my aquarium. I have java moss and was wondering how I can get it to grow faster and how to make it into a carpet. Will it look good? I am new to this thread and believe I posted a picture f my aquarium (sorry for the bad quality). Also the aquarium is 30 gallons. Thanks.

Attachments

• Snapchat-289877622040738465.jpg
    Snapchat-289877622040738465.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 84
Nice looking tank, love the mossy driftwood(y)
Java moss kinda grows every which way in a tangled mess, but if you want a grass-like look try flame moss. It makes an awesome carpet if kept trimmed.

I am also trying to get my 30g shrimp tank to carpet with java moss. The hard part about trying to speed its growth is keeping algae out of it.

Depending on light and ferts u could go dwarf hair grass?

Or HC Cuba?

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

I gave up on java moss, for some reason it didnt grow at all for me. I second flame moss or dwarf hair grass.

Thank you for all your replies, if i was to use java moss as grass, how could i get it to sit on the bottom(like grass)?

Thank you for all your replies, if i was to use java moss as grass, how could i get it to sit on the bottom(like grass)?

String it to stainless mesh that u can buy off eBay or at craft shops. It should spread over it but u will have to keep tieing it to get the carpet effect

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Thanks for the help, also my sword plant the one with big leaves i dont know what its called has like holes in the leaves, is there anything i can do

Are you putting root tabs or nutrients in the water?

Javamoos grows well. It must not be disturbed. It then forms a branch structure. It grows over rocks and driftwood.
But thread algae must be avoided. With Amano shrimp.
Nutrients: potash; Iron I must supplement. The others are (with me) available.
Phosphate and nitrate is sometimes too much. The gravel must be cleaned. And the filter pot. There are depots.
The most important nutrient is CO2. Since I have a permanent measurement. The color strip must be green. 15 to 20 mg in liters.

102018-albums14463-picture70630.jpg

102018-albums14463-picture70631.jpg

Thank you, and where can i get shrimp for my aquarium? Because no petstores around me sell shrimp.. Thanks

You can check the AA classified section or post a "Want to Buy" thread.
There are online shrimp vendors. I can't recommend any because I bought mine from other AA members.

Back
Top Bottom