Java moss help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markusroberts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had this java moss on a lava rock for about 10 months and it looks the same as when I brought it, I use two types of liquid fertiliser and I use root tabs and for two days after I use the fertiliser I add liquid carbon to the tank I don't have co2 any suggestions on why it's not growing and how to get it to grow? I tried to attach a photo but it's not working at the moment so I'll add one later if it's let's me

AquaTanked

What kind of lights do you have? You know your hardness of your water?

I've got two t8 bulbs from hagan it's the roma 125 the standard lights from that, no I don't I've been meaning to use my master test kit but not had the change

AquaTanked

Java moss can be a slow grower in lower light tanks. Also what is the stock in your tank as you might have someone nibbling it off making it appear to not be growing.

This is the java moss, all of my other plants grow well i have to trim them monthly to stop them blocking the light for the other plants, my java fern has grown and spread through half of my tank, the java moss is the only plants in my tank that doesn't grow, I put some weeping moss in my tank about two months ago and that's grown more than my java

AquaTanked

Attachments

• 1391622688078.jpg
    1391622688078.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 74
Honestly from the looks of the moss I would cut off any good green tips and reattach them to a rock or DW. The moss overall looks very unhealthy except for a few healthy looking green tips.

Should it be that green all over? It been a dark green since I've had it

AquaTanked

Should it be that green all over? It been a dark green since I've had it

AquaTanked

The picture posted above is what healthy java moss looks like. If the plant was purchased looking like that then that is why it's not growing. If there isn't any healthy green tips to use I personally would throw the moss away.

Okay thank you very much I'll toss it and get some more

AquaTanked

Back
Top Bottom