Java moss mat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think that I'd like to do a java moss matt in one of my 2.5's just to see if they'd work out for me, but I dont know what the best method for it is..

I'm wondering if I could take a piece of craft mesh and cut it into 2 pieces, put some java moss in the middle of them and then tie them together with some fishing line? Not so tightly as to suffocate the moss,but tight enough to keep it in between there? Or could I do it with just one piece and weave some fishing line through some of the openings to keep the moss down on it??

Or is there a better method?

Also wondering if it's possible to do with subswassertang? I recently got a bunch of it and don't know what to really do with it...it's been in a .5 shrimp/snail QT tank for the last couple of weeks waiting for me to figure it out.

ideas/advice anyone?
/

The mesh method is what many people use to make moss carpets/walls. However, to get a good carpeting effect, you really can't skimp on light or co2 - if it is in a very low-light setup the carpet may not turn out well. I have tried moss carpeting in a low-light tank and it didn't work out.

yeah, I have a finnex ray 2 for lighting and paintball co2, so I think I'm good in that aspect, I just wasnt sure how exactly it should be gone about it, but i think I've got a good idea now.

Now, does anyone know about subswassertang mat?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom