Java moss walls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering the same thing earlier when I saw a picture that showed some VERY nice java moss and I was wonder why mine didn't look like that LOL. In the picture it looked fairly "tall" at least 4-5 inches. Maybe it was just a good sized clump though.

i actually just made one. use plastic mesh. tie the moss on it with fishing line and lean it against the side of the tank or the back. put a rock on the bottom to secure it and just let it grow. looks really good so far but i cant wait for it to fill in.

i wish i could post some pictures. I went ahead and did it pretty uch the same as funk. It looks awsome although it is not covering the whole wall(i need more moss!, lol) i used it all! And i got my co2 reactor set up today too so it should help with the growth. Can we see some pics of yours funk?

i will post pictures when i get home. so probably monday or around there. i am making one with christmas moss when i get home since the one i have now is java.

i think people dont use java moss because the way it grows. don't remember the difference but like mosses like christmas moss grow upward or something. maybe the under java moss dies off?

My experience with Java moss is that it takes a long time get really get attached to something and keep growing attached. Typically, it grows clumpy not like ivy on a wall, which is what I think you are looking for. I have had a nice clump of java moss in my tank for a year, and it is just now really looking like its growing really green and healthy at the points its attached, but it takes a long time. Plus, I have to keep trimming the stuff growing on the top of it giving it a hair cut so the bottom that is attached doesn't die off or recede

i only have a 5gal and i was able to tie it down to plastic mesh. It looks full already because i had alot to use. I dont want it to climb because it is already covering half my tank walls. I wish i had a camera so i could post some pics.

Back
Top Bottom