Joey's 60P Iwagumi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What in water measurement is a P?!

Are you referring to the tank size that I was speaking about earlier? (45P). If so, then this is a unit that Aqua Design Amano uses when sizing tanks. They also have the unit F, H, C, and maybe one other.

I found one thread that talked about what those meant. Not sure if it was accurate. But the number is the length in CM. Then, the adjacent letter means:

P = pool
H = high
C = cube
F = ??? (I'm not sure, fun? Haha)

I found one thread that talked about what those meant. Not sure if it was accurate. But the number is the length in CM. Then, the adjacent letter means:

P = pool
H = high
C = cube
F = ??? (I'm not sure, fun? Haha)

Flat maybe

Anyway good luck with the rescape Joey. All the regulars here seem to be rescaping lately. I think a rescape is invigorating really. I can't wait to see the changes.

Sweet... can't wait to see the scape. How long after your receive the AS are you thinking of scaping :)

Knowing me, I'll probably do it right after school. . I have to do it quick because I have to keep the fish somewhere else. I went with Three Large stones. I'm thinking a large slope on each side with the biggest rock and the smallest on the left, and the medium on the right. If that makes sense. Haha. The UG is going to grow in extremely quickly.

^^^ Yeah I guess... if you look at it that way (Debbie-Downer...j/k)! LOL

When I had to tear down my tanks, and replant the UG... it got real messy. Little bits of it got all over my tank and started growing where they landed. It kind of reminded me of riccia in that respect. I can't imagine trying to trim UG and not being able to net all of the trimmings out. It might get real messy and you'll have UG growing in random places.

Haha! I was just messing! :p

But seriously, that's the main reason I have yet to use it. HC does the same thing, though. It's just inevitable, eventually they have to be pulled up and replanted.

Guess I'm a glass half empty type of guy... Lol

Haha! I was just messing! :p

But seriously, that's the main reason I have yet to use it. HC does the same thing, though. It's just inevitable, eventually they have to be pulled up and replanted.

Guess I'm a glass half empty type of guy... Lol

I'll say, Bill. ;) My thought is, when it does uproot, it will have been growing well enough to just replant and almost have a carpet.

It probably won't lift until you've already had it fully carpeted for a while, so no real worries. But yeah, that's the fun part! Separating and replanting once it does! Then watching it grow all over again! ;)

No longer iwagumi, but ya know. It never really was. I thought this tank was going to be broken down and converted to a reef very soon, but after deliberation, I couldn't bring myself to take it down. I'm gojng to do a 12l reef. H So off the the LFS I went. They actually had a pretty good plant order in. Threw in a piece of driftwood. It will look pretty good when it grows in. I think..Most of the plants are still in their emersed form so it will be a little bit until it takes shape. I broke my Lily pipes so I need to order new ones. I also hate the heater, so I might ditch that and get a Hydor ETH.

Plant List:
Anubias Nana
Anubias Nana 'petite'
Rotala Rotundifolia
Red Tiger Lotus
Rotala Magenta
Hydro sp. Japan
UG
E. Parvula
Limnophilia Aromatica
Elatine Triandra
Crypt Wendtii Red
Proserpinica (sp?) Pulustris

Needs to really grow out. I'm ok with it for now, but the green pipes and heater really bother me.

qqPg3ev.jpg

Back
Top Bottom