Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got paid today, and have a little extra money so when I get back ill probably order 9l of Aqua soil. I've been dying to try it out.

It's a finnex cliplight with a 26watt 6500k CFL. It was 30$ on amazon. You'll need a 26 watt 6500k though becuAse the bulb it comes with is 50/50

I also have this fixture and cannot find a CFL with wattage in the 20s that will fit. Where did you get yours?

Mine is actually a 40 watt bulb but runs at 24 watts. I bought it on amazon for 8$. Just search 6500k CFL

I had the same problem, the self ballast part was too wide for the bulb to screw all the way in. It's too bad finnex doesn't sell the 6500k 3U bulb anymore. I tried searching online but could only find manufactures sites, not any actually selling them. I even emailed finnex and the weren't very helpful... lol

The HC just needs about 3 more weeks and it will be fully carpeted. Too bad its getting ripped up for my new tank! :/That's my 5 gallon btw. Just making sure you guys aren't getting it confused. My new tank will be up and running in 2 1/2 weeks hopefully. Just need my filter, aqua soil, light and tank to come in

Thanks a lot though guys!

Nope :/ sorry. I will have the tank ordered by the end of the week, along with filter, and light.

Just got home from the beach, and I accidentally must have switched on the moon lights before I left, so they were running instead of my normal lights :/ lost some downoi, but still have plenty. Most is still white. :/ I will be ordering all the stuff for the new tank this week! ?

Hey Brian, if I post a pic of a shrimp can you tell me what it is?? I got 4 on today at 3$ each at a LFS

They kinda look like Crytal Blacks but the white isn't too prominent. They might just be stressed from the store.

Attachments

• image-2319930049.jpg
    image-2319930049.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 76
Just got home from the beach, and I accidentally must have switched on the moon lights before I left, so they were running instead of my normal lights :/ lost some downoi, but still have plenty. Most is still white. :/ I will be ordering all the stuff for the new tank this week! dde01

I also just got back from the beach and somehow left the timer switch on manual and there was constant light for about 8 days. Good thing it was dual T5 normal output and not HO. Still, lots of algae.

Wow man! That really sucks. I'd rather come home to a little plant loss than a mass of algae!

Back
Top Bottom