Jugle val help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I have some jungle Val that ive had for several weeks and it just isn't growing that fast like everybody says. Its in a 25 gallon tank, pressurized co2, ph 6.4, ammo 0, trites 0, trates barely above 0, Eco complete substrate, and a current nova extreme t5ho x2. Anyone have any ideas to encourage growth??

I don't know much about Val. But I just got some a week ago and already have runners.

I have sand dose excel and run 2xt-5s

Mine have runners like crazy. But just no growth in the leaves :(

Well plants do go in a transition period going into new tanks. Usually the old leaves fall or die. Maybe the runners will grow quickly.

I've had mine in my tank for a month now. It took almost three weeks for the leaves to adjust...a lot of them died off, or half died off. It's just in the last few days that I've really noticed newish leaves (nubs when I got them) getting any height on them (maybe four inches or so) and the couple leaves that survived the change to gain the extra couple inches to reach the top of the water.

I just replanted my tank three or four weeks ago, and the Vals have beeb very slow to get going. All the original growth has died off and I have some new shorter growth on them now. I dont think there is a leaf on them longer than 4". I was using Excel and read that it can be bad for Vals so I stopped to see how what would happen. Its only been a week since I stopped, but things do seem to be looking up. No runners though.

Okay great. I have gotten like 6 runners but barely any growth. It's like they are focusing on runners and not growth. I read they are root feeders. Should I get some root tabs for them? I have never used them before.

I'd suggest root tabs. Depending on how big an area they're planted in, you might only need one--mine are gathered in the corner and I used one, maybe two. Check the area the tab covers on the box. Just push them down into the substrate where you want them. :) I don't know if mine have runners or not--they're all behind a rock cave, so until they reach a certain height, I can't really see what's going on *lol* But they appear to be thickening up some, so they might. So long as they stay in their allotted area, they'll get left to do their thing.

Back
Top Bottom