Just Another Pressurized CO2 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I talked to Aquacave today by phone. Thier response was I know nothing of the Aquatek Regulator. I agree that if the thread size is the same you should be able to add a different needle valve with a two way manifold. The splitter that Aquatek offers is rediculous. Why have a product that you can't use brass bubble counters on. :confused:

Thanks foster!! I know. They told me to use the cheap plastic one that comes with the regulator; it already broke :( . The set-up may not look pretty, but it may get the job done. Some of the multi splitter look goofy but get the job done.

If you end up using that splitter, let me know how it turns out. I am trying to decide what to purchase. I need 2 outlets , and two bubble counters. I want to diffuse at 2 locations in a 125. This whole thing is just getting wierd.:banghead:

Definitely, ill post it here so keep following. The regulator is awesome and functions as promised, cool touch. The lesson learned here is the compatibility of their other quality products. I'm leaning toward it though the more I think about it. Its the 2 "floating" inline bubble counters I don't like. But, they will be hidden so as long as the mission gets completed, who cares right. Do you currently have a set up?

No I don't have pressurized yet. I am trying to get all components together and get it all at once. I have 3 two bottle generator DIY co2 on the 125gal now. Its not working so well.LOL The diy is great on the 30, and 40 though. Everything is looking great in those tanks. i really like the reviews on the regulator. Sounds like its pretty decent. Like you say, just getting the other parts together is the problem. I really don't care what it looks like, as long as it works. The whole apparatus will be in the cabinet under the tank, so it won't be seen.

Can't imagine a DIY on 125, your probably mixing bottles all the time.
Just for shopping sake, I read-forum that the Milwaukee regulator was difficult to modify too, due to its threading, but I can't confirm that. Just to inform you.

For the price and functioning, I'm satisfied with the regulator. Unless I hear otherwise, or try to build something from a welding / hardware store, I may be stuck.

I used an MA 957 Milwaukee for years and modified it several times to work on several different tanks. Never had any issues with it.

Good; I must have read a bad review then. Maybe I should have gotten that one; I wouldn't be in this corner. Oh well, love a good challenge.

Got the splitter from aquatek today. Heavy little sucker. Not much to say about this; the valves and stem portion would be pretty difficult to separate. This did cross my mind. Just waiting on my bubble counters and the splitting shall begin.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130214_200130.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130214_200130.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130214_200155.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130214_200155.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 36
How does the splitter attach to the regulator? Does the needle vavle that comes with the reg just screw off.? I am ordering the AT premium reg this weekend, and also the splitter.

It attaches where the bubble counter meets the needle valve. The bubble counter comes off and this screws down.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130214_211136.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130214_211136.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 64
Finally, got the splitter and both inline bubble counters installed tonight. Also got one of the atomic diffuser from GLA; nice too because it too come with check valve. The set-up isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm gonna re-calibrate my controller soon and see how adding another diffuser works on my 125. I need to get more CO2 tubing too; ran short so using black airline for time being.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130225_221232.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130225_221232.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 44
Sweet!!! My Aquatek order should be here this week. Getting anxious for it to arrive. I do have one question though, can I use plain water in the bubble counter? Or does it take some special, expensive mystery fluid. Like maybe vegetable oil?

I believe they do make some sort of solution you can purchase; what it is I'm not sure. Maybe someone else might have more insight on that. I'm concidering that myself, tired of disconnecting things every week and risking leaks of CO2. Thanks for following foster53!

Finally, got the splitter and both inline bubble counters installed tonight. Also got one of the atomic diffuser from GLA; nice too because it too come with check valve. The set-up isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm gonna re-calibrate my controller soon and see how adding another diffuser works on my 125. I need to get more CO2 tubing too; ran short so using black airline for time being.
How do you like the regulator? Is it performing satisfatorily? mine arrived today, now I have to get the CO2, and wait for the bubble counters to get here then I can get it rolling.:dance:

Regulator works great, splitter is working satisfactory but does require daily monitoring. It does seem to be inconsistent in bubble count and needs tweaking. I just add it to my feeding time regime.

Regulator works great, splitter is working satisfactory but does require daily monitoring. It does seem to be inconsistent in bubble count and needs tweaking. I just add it to my feeding time regime.
Same here love the regulator, but as you say the splitter is a little hard to keep consistent. I just finished hooking it all up. Does your reg change the operating pressure. I have turned the control knob both ways and it stays at the same pressure.

Maybe a little, but for the most part I keep it about 30 psi. It will bounce when its kicked on and will go from about 25-30 but this is normal. Check for any leaks too. Make sure everything is tightened. I learned today that this airline tubing is causing a sag in the line and one of my bubble counters won't work. I can hear a slight hiss at the connection on the splitter. I put in a rush order of CO2 tubing as it is a little more rigid and hold its place. Plus, its just better overall. Do you have 2 bubble counters too?

Maybe a little, but for the most part I keep it about 30 psi. It will bounce when its kicked on and will go from about 25-30 but this is normal. Check for any leaks too. Make sure everything is tightened. I learned today that this airline tubing is causing a sag in the line and one of my bubble counters won't work. I can hear a slight hiss at the connection on the splitter. I put in a rush order of CO2 tubing as it is a little more rigid and hold its place. Plus, its just better overall. Do you have 2 bubble counters too?
I am only running my operating pressure at about 10-15 lbs. It seems to be working fine, producing 1-2 bubbles per sec. Every connection is tight as far as I know. I keep checking them to make sure. I am going to bring home some leak detector from work tomorrow night, and test that way. Are you using the clear/ opaque tubing from Aquatec? It seems very flexible, and easy to work with. Right, 2 bubble counters. Can't seem to get them adjusted in sync with each other. I need to get a drop checker. Any suggestions on what kind, and best place to get one?

Back
Top Bottom