Just ordered my first Pressure CO2 Setup!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocncheffy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

Alright so I bit the bullet and am doing away with DIY CO2 as it's too inconsistant with it's output and I believe has caused some BBA as well.. I've purchased this as all the reviews say it works very well!

Aquatek CO2 Mini Regulator

Already have a nano glass diffuser and the 24oz paintball tank ready to go! I've just started to do some EI dosing on my 7.9 gallon Fluval EBI as well.. Any tips or warnings I should be aware of with my CO2 setup?

I have that regulator on my 20 long and so far its working well.

The only real problem is that the CO2 gets a little difficult to regulate when the bottle starts getting close to being empty. I just try to keep an eye on my bubble counter and make any adjustments needed.

If I were to add a suggestion, it would be to purchase a second CO2 bottle. They're relatively cheap and that way you can have a filled bottle on standby for when the first one is empty. Then you don't have to rush out to get the first one filled and can just do it at your leisure.

I have that regulator on my 20 long and so far its working well.

The only real problem is that the CO2 gets a little difficult to regulate when the bottle starts getting close to being empty. I just try to keep an eye on my bubble counter and make any adjustments needed.

If I were to add a suggestion, it would be to purchase a second CO2 bottle. They're relatively cheap and that way you can have a filled bottle on standby for when the first one is empty. Then you don't have to rush out to get the first one filled and can just do it at your leisure.

Hmm, that's a great suggestion! I've heard of "end of tank" dumps into your aquarium.. That would definitely resolve that problem.

Back
Top Bottom