Just started planting pearl weed, trying to carpet. Anybody have any advice? What to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonmaroutsis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I’m planning to carpet pearl weed in my tank and have planted 4 individual bunches of it. I’ve heard that it’s best to trim aggressively in the beginning to teach the pearl weed not to grow vertically but to grow horizontally and carpet. Anyone have any experience with this?

Running CO2 I find I can boost lighting (just below algae or just a bit) and that will help it grow sideways as well as not going up for the light.

Running CO2 I find I can boost lighting (just below algae or just a bit) and that will help it grow sideways as well as not going up for the light.

I actually just ordered a finnex ray 2 that’s suppose to be high lighting with high par for my tank. I have a 55 gallon. Do you think this light will be enough by itself or should I use the light I have right now (it’s basically for low light) along with the new finnex? Thanks for all the advice and info man

I can't help on light types unfortunately as Western Australia is behind on lighting. I do like dimmable LEDs but I still feel here our LED lights could use more reds and less blues and are not always really plant lights.

Back
Top Bottom