Just wanted to share!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone...been a while since I've been around here. Tank had a terrible blue-green algae bloom after I got it going earlier this year...and then I moved right as that was happenning.

I've done a lot of upgrades since then to correct what were many problems in my setup. On my 55g tank I went from a HOT Magnum to a Cascade 700 which I'm very happy with.

Also I'm trying the Turbo CO2 Bio System from Red Sea. It may not quite be enough. I'm considering getting their pro system that can be used with paintball CO2 tanks. It seems pretty reasonable. I'm going to see how this works first though.

And here's a picture!

http://www.thefirefox.com/tank1.JPG

That looks really nice!!

I hadn't thought about the paintball C02 so thanks for the hint - Am researching right now!

Just be careful, if the o-rings on those crack your gonna have LOTS of C02 in that tank.
I had a pin valve come off in my paintball marker one time and it completely froze the mechanics of the gun lol. As long as you do regular maintenance it should work great though.

I'm gonna see how this turbo CO2 works first. Its basically just a DIY setup that I paid for ;) But it does have a better diffuser than I could devise. The system to hook up to a paintball canister is really reasonable though...it has pretty much everything you'd need :)

I've seen regulators for the paintball systems, so you can control it just like a normal pressurized system.

You might want to consider removing the plants from the rockwool and replanting. They'll look more like part of the landscape. You may find that you have several plants grouped together, so you'll be able to spread them out more giving them more space to grow.

One of my crypts definately is a pretty nice grouping of them. I was told I should keep them in the rockwool though. The water sprite that was in rockwool is definately the plant that is doing the best from the first planting I did a few weeks ago. If the plants don't cover them up I'll just get some gravel and cover it up.

It won't negatively affect their growth will it?

I have the red sea turbo on my 55, I bought two and hooked both yeast bottles up to one diffuser, with the other as a spare. I change out one bottle every two weeks, and so far it's worked great for me.

I thought about getting two as well...that's another option. I've only heard good things about it so far and the price is reasonable. If I get another I'll probably use both diffusers since I like the flow they provide.

Back
Top Bottom