~jwh0818~ 4g Evo build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwh0818

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello yall, been a few weeks since I posted well I done it again! Got myself an aqueon 4g evolve tank! This thing is neat! Going to be high tech on this one if the light allows it! Pics to come ad soon ad photobuckets done!

I have this same tank! I love it except I've had a lot of problems with the pump. I actually have a friend who has it too, and she's been through 3 replacement pumps and has now given up on getting one to work. Luckily mine still functions, it just makes a clicking noise. But maybe you got a good one! :)

I have this same tank! I love it except I've had a lot of problems with the pump. I actually have a friend who has it too, and she's been through 3 replacement pumps and has now given up on getting one to work. Luckily mine still functions, it just makes a clicking noise. But maybe you got a good one! :)

Mine seems very powerful and I had to lower it for my betta. Im not sure the light can support plants though

The light isnt all that bright and im sure the par is very very low. I think a single 6500k cfl is x10 more powerful

Pics pics pics!

It was only 15 bucks so I said okay!
img_2676226_0_530cd7e0cb634f208bce585fcc144c33.jpg

The sand used
img_2676226_1_75acb9f786ea596364f1cf91888ff557.jpg

Cloudy after I set it up
img_2676226_2_87d8b5318b37947fe0ff09f0af1a264f.jpg

Nite time blues
img_2676226_3_99b086c8e631ba47aa1003778168b404.jpg

And today after it cleared up!
img_2676226_4_85699a9ad7e8a5292d3a074a342a01f9.jpg

Does the light look like plant material?

Every tank deserves a plant, even if it feeds fish=)

Congrats on the tank, looks good where you got it positioned it your room? Nice focal point.

Can't wait to see pics after you put a plant or two in.

Every tank deserves a plant, even if it feeds fish=)

Congrats on the tank, looks good where you got it positioned it your room? Nice focal point.

Can't wait to see pics after you put a plant or two in.

Thanks, I have it in a corner of my room. Im not sure what plant to add to it

I'm not sure either, some kind of hardy plant.

I wouldn't mind having my female betta in one next to my bed=) I would probably put anacharis in it ;D wouldn't want to abuse my other plants if they aren't getting enough light, but not sure of the lights on those things.

When in doubt, try anubias :)
Anacharis likes colder water, not sure if it'd be compatible with a beta.

Well betas really need a heater because they like 80-82 degree water. But if yours is just in a bowl without a heater the plant will be fine. I just don't think anacharis likes 80 degree water.

Well betas really need a heater because they like 80-82 degree water. But if yours is just in a bowl without a heater the plant will be fine. I just don't think anacharis likes 80 degree water.

Lol I don't need a heater. My average room temp is 84° F I have to freeze water bottles and stick them in my tanks if I want a cooler temp ;D

It's always warm here in Hawai'i.
But my plants will have to learn to adapt.
So far so good. I have a writing log that I try to write in daily. And my lps gives me plants to research. I write about the progression of the plant and how well it does in my climate=)

I dont have a heater and the average temp is 76 degrees. He is just fine and hasnt told me anything yet

Back
Top Bottom