Kegerator CO2 Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CcJ23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just wondering if somebody has ever done this. It seems like it would be a lot cheaper than paying for an entire system.

Hi. I had to google kegerator. I can't see much difference in the equipment from my co2 set up, only that the output is set to a particular pressure and after that there is no 'fine' control valve to accurately set the bubble count. I would think that if the hose blew that your co2 tank would be empty pretty quick. I would also think that overdosing the tank more likely if your bubble count relies purely setting the outlet valve. Someone can probably put me right though. Interesting.

I'm just wondering if somebody has ever done this. It seems like it would be a lot cheaper than paying for an entire system.

An aquatek regulator generally costs about $100. It's functional and affordable. I use one myself for my 55g.

Hi. I had to google kegerator. I can't see much difference in the equipment from my co2 set up, only that the output is set to a particular pressure and after that there is no 'fine' control valve to accurately set the bubble count. I would think that if the hose blew that your co2 tank would be empty pretty quick. I would also think that overdosing the tank more likely if your bubble count relies purely setting the outlet valve. Someone can probably put me right though. Interesting.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Well what else would I need besides the regulator? Obviously a bubble counter and a diffuser. There's the tank too. All in all, what's the cheapest I could do it otherwise?

Well what else would I need besides the regulator? Obviously a bubble counter and a diffuser. There's the tank too. All in all, what's the cheapest I could do it otherwise?

I have a kegerator and I had the same thoughts your having. But at the end of the day you would have to buy a solinoid $30.00 and a needle valve $10.00 and you'd probably want a bubble counter $10.00. so you might as well just buy one that already has that stuff. You can buy a Milwakee or an Aquatek right now on ebay for $90.00 with free shipping. Then all you need is a diffuser and a tank. you could get by with a glass difuser or Aquatek has a plastic one $10.00 there and probably $50.00 for a tank. Which you could get at Airgas or somewhere like that.

Back
Top Bottom