Kessil Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gone fishin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thought about getting two of these for my planted 90g tall. Anyone using these?

I have the reef versions over my reef and will just say the shimmer is unreal! The color blends really nicely too. I'm sure their plant lights are fantastic as well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I think we are getting two, really confusing with the par/wpg confusion from T5 to led. They mention a lot about MH savings etc. maybe I will call customer service and let them explain.

i have to admit the "shimmer" is pretty mesmerizing.

I have Kessils...they are nice fixtures. Plants respond well and they are quiet.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I think we are getting two, really confusing with the par/wpg confusion from T5 to led. They mention a lot about MH savings etc. maybe I will call customer service and let them explain.

i have to admit the "shimmer" is pretty mesmerizing.

Watts per gallon is just an old light intensity measuring technique that really is only good for old T-8 fluorescent bulbs. PAR is photosynthetically active radiation meaning the amount of light that is usable for plants. The power LEDs and T-5 ho bulbs can really only be measured in PAR. A kessil puts out a high PAR and I would have to guess that it would be about 50-60 PAR at substrate (approximately 18-20 inches from fixture.) which is more than enough to grow almost whatever you want. My LFS has one on a plant tank and can grow a Dwarf Baby Tears carpet with ease. (y)

Back
Top Bottom