kH, pH, what to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After doing a lot of reading, I think I've come to the conclusion that you dont really need to play with your pH/kH. Most fish will adapt to your tank, and if you keep up with water changes, their SHOULD be no problems. I am running my Co2 system for the first time today, and everything seems to be fine. The pH started at 6.6 and I have it down to 6.2, and my kH is 1*. Going by the pH/kH chart, I should be at ~18ppm. I would still like to figure out exactly what ferts I should use, and if it is possible to auto dose them some how.

i have 2 gbr's for the last 10 months. they like a lower ph between 6 and 6.5 is ideal. so you're good there. they also like "fresh water" so i do a water change every 3 days. they like soft, acidic water. good luck

jpchin said:
i have 2 gbr's for the last 10 months. they like a lower ph between 6 and 6.5 is ideal. so you're good there. they also like "fresh water" so i do a water change every 3 days. they like soft, acidic water. good luck

Yeah I've read they're sensitive to nitrates. I have a planted tank so the plants should take care of some of the nitrates. I will be keeping a close eye on all the levels for the first few weeks to figure out exactly what I need to do.

my nitrates are between 20 and 40. i do a 10-15% water change every 3 days to keep the water "fresh" gbr's require clean water.

Back
Top Bottom