Khuligirl's planted 20 long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I think you have to build up enough pressure behind the disc before the bubbles start to come out. Once there is enough pressure and a consistent flow of co2 the bubbles become smaller

This is the reason I'm considering going to a reactor. The Inlines require about 30psi of pressure to stay consistent (I have about 25) and I swear that because I'm below this my co2 is fluctuating and causing the BBA in my tank.

Also due to being a ceramic disc there is always the worry of it clogging without being noticed. I'm about to build a reactor so I'll let you know how I go with it.

Yeah I think you have to build up enough pressure behind the disc before the bubbles start to come out. Once there is enough pressure and a consistent flow of co2 the bubbles become smaller

Does the pressure not get released at the end of the night when CO2 turns off, and have to build up again each day?

Does the pressure not get released at the end of the night when CO2 turns off, and have to build up again each day?

Not really. It may drop down to slightly below the diffuser minimum psi. At the next ON period, it should not take long to get back up to working pressure.

Question: With your SunSun, were you able to use BOTH pieces of the spraybar when positioning at the side of the tank (so that flow goes from left to right or vice versa)? I just got my canister and found that only one piece fits. Two pieces comes to are 13-14" and the tank is only 12" front to back.

It does but it's not the start up that I'm worried about. I feel that through the day it's a little up and down as I can turn my needle valve up full but the back pressure stops me from being able to adjust it to a steady bps. It's rather frustrating to be honest

Question: With your SunSun, were you able to use BOTH pieces of the spraybar when positioning at the side of the tank (so that flow goes from left to right or vice versa)? I just got my canister and found that only one piece fits. Two pieces comes to are 13-14" and the tank is only 12" front to back.

No, I only have one part of the spray bar on.

No, I only have one part of the spray bar on.

Cool. I tried it from the side and it was pushing quite a bit of water. Even more force with the elbow/nozzle.
I then added the second part of the spray bar and mounted along the back. Gentler current throughout the tank.

Cool. I tried it from the side and it was pushing quite a bit of water. Even more force with the elbow/nozzle.
I then added the second part of the spray bar and mounted along the back. Gentler current throughout the tank.

I almost did that, but the spray bar sits about 4" below the surface, and I'd like my stem plants to be able to grow taller than that before they get pushed over. I think mine only came with one clip/ suction cup. Does yours hang at that same level, or were you able to attach it higher on the tank wall?

I almost did that, but the spray bar sits about 4" below the surface, and I'd like my stem plants to be able to grow taller than that before they get pushed over. I think mine only came with one clip/ suction cup. Does yours hang at that same level, or were you able to attach it higher on the tank wall?

Mine came with two suction cups for the spray bar and two for the intake (these are larger). I'm using one of the larger clips to secure the hose connected to the spray bar and one smaller clip to hold the spray bar. It's not quite 4" below the rim. Maybe 3" at the most. You could try raising the spray bar assembly by placing something under bend where it sits on the rim. And/or point the jets slightly towards the surface.

Mine came with two suction cups for the spray bar and two for the intake (these are larger). I'm using one of the larger clips to secure the hose connected to the spray bar and one smaller clip to hold the spray bar. It's not quite 4" below the rim. Maybe 3" at the most. You could try raising the spray bar assembly by placing something under bend where it sits on the rim. And/or point the jets slightly towards the surface.

I use a wine cork trimmed and flattened on one side to raise the bar.

Back
Top Bottom