Kingkoopas Mr aqua 17.1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingKoopa512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We'll finally, I can start some mock scapes been awhile without a tank at all
:(

Equipment
Hydro 150 canister
Aquatek premium regulate w/paintball adaptor. (I'll eventually get a 5lb bottle. Amazon has them for 30 bucks)
Co2 reactor inline
Chihiros mini s (twinstar knockoff but read some good reviews)

Lighting
24" finnex planted+ 24/7 SE

Fish
Unsure( i do have some fish/shrimp in mind)

Plants
Unsure

Rocks
Seiryu stones

Substrate
Fluval stratum
( Bought 36 lbs prolly only use one bag, price not sure yet)

Will post pics of the tank with the light an a mock scapes got try to do at least 3 mock scapes see which one I like better

1485388774553.jpg

Nice tank! I love the rimless tanks. I was going to get one untill it was going to cost me $547 to build :(

Excited to see the new build! You have some nice gear for it aswell [emoji106]

Welcome back!

Edit: how bigs the tank? 40g?

How are the bucket snails doing? Did you have a snailsplosion or did they dwindle?

Nice tank! I love the rimless tanks. I was going to get one untill it was going to cost me $547 to build :(

Welcome back!

Thanks me can't wait

How are the bucket snails doing? Did you have a snailsplosion or did they dwindle?
Hey tmaier they dwindled down an gave most that didn't die away . Honestly I never has seen ramshorn's for sale at the LFS weird. Can't wait for tank up to get some more from ya ;)

Welcome back!

The tank is 17.1 gl an hey bert what do u think of me trying dry start method . Or do you think I should try it

I have never figured out why they dwindle sometimes? Let me know when you are ready for a cleanup crew.

I have never figured out why they dwindle sometimes? Let me know when you are ready for a cleanup crew.
Most definitely will I'm excited about this new tank it might be another 3 weeks waiting on the doctor mini s coming overseas plus we might be moving to a bigger house in a week or 2 so gonna wait til after if we move to set up the tank by then I will have the chirihos mini s

The tank is 17.1 gl an hey bert what do u think of me trying dry start method . Or do you think I should try it

I wouldn't dry start to be honest. Works great for nano's but I wouldn't do it in a larger tank.
Your better off just submerging and cranking the co2.

I dry started my HC Cuba in my 60g for 2 weeks and it hasn't grown at all since flooding the tank

I wouldn't dry start to be honest. Works great for nano's but I wouldn't do it in a larger tank.
Your better off just submerging and cranking the co2.

I dry started my HC Cuba in my 60g for 2 weeks and it hasn't grown at all since flooding the tank
OK got it thx excited and can't wait sucks with no tank :)

Lol seemed like I wasn't at one point but all is good jus waiting on the mini s an I'm ready to set up

Abit of a tip aswell. Make sure the fluval stratum is nice and deep. I found it a pain to plant in due to how light it is. When putting in stems with tweezers it all tended to push to the side and not fall back in and grip the stem. Also fish like otto's tend to pull shallow rooted plants out of it untill they get a good grip

Ordered some thrive+ all in one
1 pump for 10gls 3x a week
I still have alot of the PPS pro, thought I would try it out heard some good things about it especially from ADU

Well guys here it is sorry for no mock scapes. I set this up an liked it didn't want to mess with it lol.

Plants
Dwarf baby tears
Pogo. Stellatus
Blyxya japonica
An some other plant can remember the name
Unknown plant is to far left back cornerIMG_20170318_144825.jpg of the tank
Also bought a poppy bowl Lilly pipes.
IMG_20170318_144859.jpgIMG_20170318_144833.jpg

Lfs didn't have much plant nor did anyone local. So next week hopefully some ar mini maybe star repens

Back
Top Bottom