knew this was going to happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dominick said:
ok kool now just gota get the bottles :/

You just need a couple of 2 litre Pepsi or Coke bottles...I found it helps to go through them quicker if you buy a bottle of Bourbon or two at the same time....but maybe thats just me 8)

LoL isent that the truth ;) anyways have you seen them mini water bottles at walmart?
kinda a smaller version of the 5Gal water bottles for the water cooler
wanted to know if that would work..

thats a good question. i followed the directions in the mixing yeast part of the co2 article this morning and havnt seen any bubbles all day.

You should see bubbles within 24hrs. If you don't you need to start troubleshooting your setup. Possible problems include:
1. Leak(s) in connections(s)
2. Water too hot (killed yeast)
3. Yeast too old (yeast dead)
4. Water too hard (yeast not producing well or dead)
5. Mixture too cold (yeast not producing well)

Check the bottle and see if it feels tighter or not (pressure inside). If you don't feel a noticable difference or see bubbles by tomorrow, I would check for leaks.

Depending on the temp, can be up to 24 hours. But if you used a warm solution in the beginning, shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

I suspect that the water was probably too warm, and killed the yeast. If you haven't got bubbles after 24hrs start by checking for leaks with a dishsoap and water solution. Apply it to each of the joints and watch for bubbles. If there are no bubbles, try adding an 1/8th tsp of yeast to the solution and giving it another 24hrs.

ok, got up today and still no bubbles. so i unhooked the bottles and shook them up and it was like shaking up a pepsi, lots of fizz. so i figure they must have to be kept very warm, even in the summer. so i stuck a small heating pad next to the bottles and will see how that does.

edit update:

i went to a wine making store and got champagne yeast with a alcohol tolerance of 18%. now bubbles should froth forth for sure. ec-1118 saccharomyces bayanus.

Back
Top Bottom