Lace plant???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phatpaul

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone is this a proper lace plant. And are these heavy root feeders or do they absorb nutrients through there leaves.

Attachments

• image-29801274.jpg
    image-29801274.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-4268011977.jpg
    image-4268011977.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 87
Also I have 4 t5ho lights is this enough for them

I have had mine for two years. They get their nutrients from the water column. I dose flourish excel daily, flourish comprehensive weekly after my water changes and I dose flourish potassium three times a week. The Madagascar lace fern needs potassium. Looks like your is doing just fine with what you're using. The leaves on it will keep growing and growing. I have cut leaves off of mine longer than three feet. Occasionally it may go dormant on you. If it does just let it be and it should sprout back up after a while. If it doesn't come back up after a while (like six weeks), pull the bulb out, put it in a plastic bag and throw it in the crisper drawer of the fridge. Then just replant it and it should come back. As far as light, mine is in a 56 gallon column tank with 96 watts of t5ho light. Not exactly high light. They are prone to algae so if you have too high of light it will grow in the leaves "netting". I have three Siamese algae eaters in my tank to eat the algae off of my leaves.

Attachments

• image-3162748193.jpg
    image-3162748193.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
Hi I only got this yesterday, thanks for the all the info on the dormant stage. If it done that and I didn't know about it I would off chucked it away lol. I'll look at getting some excel, do you think that would be enough or do you think I will need a stronger source of potassium

Let it grow and see. If it starts yellowing you need more nutrients. Make sure to use a comprehensive fertilizer too, not just excel

Back
Top Bottom