Lack if something or just getting used to the new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added some root tabs this morning. My gravel is ativ flora. In my fixture I have two giesemann a midday and can't rember the other name.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep, that definitely looks like a nutrient deficiency. What root tabs did you use?

Plants are starting to die I don't know what to do because I don't know what's wrong.

You are already trying root tabs? Then if they are new, maybe they are just melting. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410176534.633550.jpg See that long stem in the middle? Those plants when I first got them melted. I changed the light, and waited. They finally started to grow back.

I'm not saying yours will, but mine did.

So, should i change back to my old lighting?

So you pumped your lights up? I'm not a pro when it comes to watts per gallon.

Maybe post the size of tank, the types of lights, and what plant you are melting, and somebody who knows more can help out.

My tank was a fluval edge, I changed the lights, but didn't add anything else to the water.

Okay it's a 55g, the old lighting was 2 t8s and now I have 2 t5 bulbs meant for plants. I also changed the gravel. It seems all of my plants are dying. My crypts disappeared just like dvicenagrated or maybe a fish ate them but they are gone. Val also disappeared. My amazon swords leaves lost all color.

Crypts do that at first. They don't like changes and will melt while accumulating. Crypts just get crypt melt at first. Leave it and it should come back.

I don't know about Val's.

In my tank, here is what is working. I have two T-5 and I dose with flourish excel, and one a week I add API liquid ferts. I have root tabs for all my swords. I do have a amazon sword, but it is too knew to tell what it's going to do. I do have four chain sword plants, the leaves got all thin and the plants pretty much look like death. I started with the excel and they are doing a lot better. Lots of growth.

I don't want to give you any advice that might not work, but for me that is what is working.

How long do you leave your lights on? Mine are on 10 hrs a day, apparently they like 12.

Do you use co2? Liquid is fine. Those leaves won't come back. Root tabs are good. When my plants turn yellow or melt, I remove the yellow leaves. If you have your lights on long enough, root tabs, and co2, you might be ok. Sometimes it just takes patience.

If they aren't ok, at least you'll have room for new plants.

I feel bad for your plants.

Can anybody suggest anything that might help him out here?

I lowered the amount of time my light is on because I thought that might of caused it.

Back
Top Bottom