LED light for 5g Hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all
I have had a 5g Marineland Hex tank set up for about 4 years for my betta, and it has been constantly plagued with algae, mostly green spot, but different forms as well. Every 5g Hex I have ever had has also had the same issues. I have combat different forms through CO2 dose, phosphate dosing etc, but it always seems like too much work for my betta tank. I don't know if it is the height of the tank or the flow rate that makes 5g hex so problematic for algae but I have seen alot of complaints and never experienced different.

Long story short, I recently (1 month ago) upgraded the light to a CFL 10w 5100k because it was the best I could find in my local stores. Things seem to be improving for the plants. I added a nerite snail only last week. But I recently found this bulb, Bonlux Screw Socket E26 110v LED Household Light Bulb 15w Daylight 6000k 360 Degree LED Corn Bulb, that I want to order and try. This is, so far the only 15w bulb in daylight range I have found that could possibly work with the fixture. Wondering if anyone else has tried this bulb or LED bulbs in a Hex with out retrofitting the entire thing?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TK8K4SPZHVO4

Current residents:
1 Full Moon Double Tail Betta
1 nerite snail
3 anubias nana
3 crypts
1 marimbo ball
various mts, ramshorn and pond snails

Stats:
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrites: 0 ppm
nitrates: 10ppm

Back