LED light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ficklewinds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What would you guys consider two current sat +'s light output to be? Medium or still low? I read somewhere I should be getting around 50 par? Not quite positive that's accurate though.

36 gallon bowfront, about 18" from top of substrate to tank top, the 24-36 inch light.

I got another one for an early V-day present from my dad and I'm just wondering what plants I can look at to add to the little I have. I'm leaning towards medium, or hoping at least. I'm using DIY co2 atm which is working out very well. (Come on work bonus so I can upgrade!)

Thanks for any help!

Get the Satellite + "Pro" if you want more light output. It's roughly twice as bright as the + so it's like 56 par at 18" depth verse the 28 par from the +
at least that's what they intend to get from it.

Well, that's my future intention if/when funds are available, that one or a build my led. But I was given another sat + for Valentines Day and was just wondering what two of them put me at. I'm getting conflicting information and I know several members on here have used dual setups before. The pro to me is a beautiful light though.

i'm not sure how it could gain par with two though since it'd be penetrating the same depth of water with the same lights. Perhaps the center between the two might be a little higher or maybe it's a more even reflection off the glass but I would think it would just cover the bottom more fully but the par increase is hard to tell without a meter to measure it.
I wonder if Current-USA support could answer this since they have access to a par meter and data on such a thing.

It will up the par for sure, i had great success with 2 sat plus on a 16" tank.. i wouldn't go to crazy with the carpet plants though. Start repens and downoi should work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom