Led vs t5ho?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon3000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys so I'm new to this forum and new to aquarium keeping. My wife decided that she wants plants in our 75 gallon aquarium. Now I know nothing about lighting but I've done some research on plants. I know that I don't want to get into pressurized co2 and that I don't want to get into the high light plants. There's just too much going on in my life right now for all of that maintenance haha. Now I hear people talking about t5ho fixtures and lights but I have no idea what they are. How many bulbs do I need. What kind of bulbs. I plan on going low light plants such as anubius nana. Java fern. Java moss. Amazon swords. Things like that. My friend actually recommended the light that he has and he said that it grows his low light plants just fine in a 120 gal. It's a 48 inch Aqueon modular led light. I really like the led idea and I love the moonlight feature. Would that be sufficient to achieve what I'm aiming for? If not can anyone link me to a t5ho fixture that I would need to achieve it in my 75. And the bulbs I would need for it?
Thanks very much guys!

If you want to grow medium light plants as well I would suggest an aquatic life dual t5ho fixture. That will give you medium light directly underneath it to about 6" to the front and back with low light coverage over the rest of the tank. If you want to grow just low light plants then I would go for 2 different single t5 normal output lights to give you good coverage over the whole tank.

Back
Top Bottom