LED's and plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I use a LED light to keep real plants. I would like to get some for my 16 gallon tank but I don't know if LED's will do the job.

Search some of the lighting threads in here and you'll find LEDs will work extremely well in growing plants!

I have a java fern thats doing well under some leds, and what I bought at pet smart called umbrella plant, but that hasnt been in long enough to tell yet...My problem is tiger barbs eating my plants, so I have to be careful as to what I add...

With LED's and planted tanks. It all depends on the par rating the unit produces at the planting depth of the tank it's going on. Now, java fern is a low light plant and doesn't require much to be happy. So as long as you chose a LED fixture that a base unit. It should do the job. Current satellite + is probably a good light for you to look at. Has a lot of fun optical effect as well

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ray 2, Planted+, Satellite+, would all do the job nicely. Higher light would require multiples of the above or a custom Buildmyled.com fixture. Though the aforementioned lights probably qualify as high light in a 16g assuming it isn't a tall tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom