LEDs for 30 inch deep freshwater tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graucow

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for LEDs for a 30 inch deep planted freshwater tank, have never used a tank this deep before. Want to ensure the light will reach to the bottom of the tank.

personally i would go with led floodlights. super cheap and anything 50w and above will definitely get you good par at the substrate. only downsides are they may not be as aesthetically pleasing and sometimes they will die on you at random. i have bought 3 50w floodlights and had 1 die on me in 1 year. still for the cost of $90 for all 3 lights vs. lights like fluval 3.0 or even much much more expensive lights like kessels i would say it is not a bad investment. i'm a cheapo and honestly find it a bit ridiculous to spend $300-500 per light for an aquarium light when i can grow plants just fine for $100-200 dollars.

Havent decided on the type of plants or what lights to go with, I wont have a setup until I move in a month or so. I like the idea of these LED floodlights and have been trying to do my research to see what will work best for me.

I can't vouch for a 30" deep tank, but I have a Fluval Plant LED light, which is very nice and very configurable. It has an internal timer and it's bluetooth enabled. If this doesn't help, then flood lights maybe your only option.

I used some of the Chinese black boxes from amazon for my planted 65high. About 27”. Works great. I just turn down the actinic channel. Mars Aqua brand.

I use EcoTech Radions on my planted tank. I had a set left over from breaking down a reef and they work amazingly well for plants

Back
Top Bottom