Lets be honest...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocknOside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
mountainlakenano.JPG

I originally joined this forum because i was just interested in aquariums (new to the hobby).

I have already had my 5 gallon nano tank setup for a few months and have already begun planning my "bigger and better" tank. It all began as an aquarium with big and bright, colorful fish... It was a wonderful dream, with fish happily swimming in circles in the corner of my living room as i fall asleep to TV.

Then... It was ruined... months of planning, OUT the window...

I had accidentally... clicked... on an aquascaping image collection.... KABOOM or POOF!

Gone. Everything.
My life has been flipped upside down... Screw Oscars, cichlids, and DARE i say angelfish! I want tiny nano fish to create powerful scale and illusions!

I want natural and serene, like a photo, but I've stumbled onto something... Beautiful. ANND i have NO idea where to begin...

Water inside water... Whomever is behind these "Octopus Aquariums" is a master, and I want to learn how to create this oh-so-realistic illusion of water "inside" water!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks folks, ;)

Wow, thanks for all the feedback guys!

Water inside water was made of Alabaster. Octopus made that by melting Alabaster.

Rasta, how would i go about doing this at home? Any advice on where to find the material and means of melting it? does it require anything special??

Thanks in advance!

I am not familiar with this, but for sure you will need a torch as i think Alabaster has high melting temp. Sorry don't know where to get Alabaster.

Just a simple and low tech approach, but would clear 100% silicone (aquarium safe) work as "water"?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just a simple and low tech approach, but would clear 100% silicone (aquarium safe) work as "water"?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As the "fall" or the "pool" portion? I think filter floss looks best as a fall. I assume you coat it in epoxy or something to get it to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom