Lets Discuss My Dosing Schedule!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kareem Monzer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey All!

So I've been working on my first ever tank for about 7 months now. Its a low tech tank but I've been implementing a strict dosing schedule, which I now think is ready for an upgrade. In all honesty, my tank has performed pretty well considering that it does not use any CO2 injection. But I've been considering starting dosing Nitrogen and Phosphorus and I figured that some of you guys would be able to help decide when in my schedule would be ideal.

The plants in my tank are:

- Monte Carlo
- Weeping Moss
- Anubius Nana (Surprisingly struggling)
- Sagitaria Subulata
- Staurogyne Bihar
- Staurogyne Repens
- Java Fern
- Cryptocoryne Costata
- Lobelia Cardinalis (Struggling)
- Hygrophilia Pinnatifida
- Cabomba (Struggling)

I concede that given that I dont have injected CO2 my "red" plants arent very red. But besides that, they're ok but could be better. I've attached a picture of my tank and my dosing schedule.

I'm open to any constructive criticism, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 11.45.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 11.45.33 AM.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 87
ZxC

Jumping in here for a aec since you mentioned Thrive, is there any reason NOT to use my Thrive S in all my tanks?

ZxC

Jumping in here for a aec since you mentioned Thrive, is there any reason NOT to use my Thrive S in all my tanks?

If using RO or distilled water, you can't use ThriveS because it contains no Cu which is an essential plant nutrient.

If you want to fine tune your dosing, you can't use any Thrive product because it is pre-formulated.

I use 50/50 distilled/well water in my shrimp tank with mass & subwassertang and just well water in my fish tanks qith other plants

Back
Top Bottom