Lets See Your Favorite Plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is your favorite plant you have in your tank?

Echinodorus Vesuvius ( I don't know if there is a common name for it or not ).

Attachments

• image-180851528.jpg
    image-180851528.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 107
Favorite Plants

Hello Super...

Far and away my favs are the Chinese Evergreen I have with the roots under the tank water and the leaves above (see attached old pics of my tank room). The roots filter the water, removing most of the nitrogen produced by the fish, so the water stays pure. I just replace the water lost to evaporation and do a little back up filtration work.

I love them, they do the work of keeping the tank water clean, that I used to spend hours doing.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Super...

Far and away my favs are the Chinese Evergreen I have with the roots under the tank water and the leaves above (see attached old pics of my tank room). The roots filter the water, removing most of the nitrogen produced by the fish, so the water stays pure. I just replace the water lost to evaporation and do a little back up filtration work.

I love them, they do the work of keeping the tank water clean, that I used to spend hours doing.

B

God its a beautiful tank!!!

Favorite Plants

God its a beautiful tank!!!

Hello boad...

Thanks for the comment. Not too many share your opinion. But, I have to tell you, I've been into the tank keeping hobby a few years and got in a little over my head by setting up too many tanks.

I had to find a way to spend less time and still have heavily planted and stocked tanks. The Evergreen Plants now do the job of keeping the tank water pure, so I spend much less time changing out the tank water.

The bonus is, I've really gotten into these emersed land plants. They get up to 24 inches tall and very bushy. The Chinese believe the plants are good luck, so maybe I'll win the lottery or something.

Again, thanks for the comment!

B

Your very welcome. It doesn't matter about what others say, it only matters that you like it.

My favourite is alternanthera reineckii unfortunately I don't have the lights to grow it.

Back
Top Bottom