light bulb ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this bulb somewhat useable on a planted tank
65W 10000K/450nm BLUE STRAIGHT PIN PC .

I am in the process of having someone retrofit my light fixture with 4 times 65watt bulbs, this will put me at 2.6 watts per gal. I don't want to use co2 if possible but I want more light than the 1.3 watts per gal.

I was thinking of using 2 of the bulbs above and 2 6700K bulbs in the fixture. Would this work on my 100 gal. tank.

I think you have a good plan. The actinic side of the bulb will not provide anything but nice color, and the 10000k side will be beneficial. If you decide to go higher light at a later date you can swap the 50/50 bulbs for straight daylight 10000k bulbs or the 6700k plant bulbs.

BillD the antic is only on one side of the bulb the other side is the useable light, from what i can understand. I am looking at these so I can keep my watts under 2 watts per gal. I don't really want to use co2.

I like the look of a blue tint in a planted tank, nice to find one that also provides full spectrum light.

Thats a great price too. I can't wait to find out how you like it.

Back
Top Bottom