Light change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
About a year ago I sold my 48 inch t5 double 16000k bulb fixture to a friend because it was far too bright in my living room. I replaced it with a 3 foot fixture with one 16000k bulb and my plants have completely stopped growing. In fact my tank looks horrible. My swords used to grow to the top of the tank and the jungle val had to be trimmed every week. Could this have really made that much of a difference? I even redirted because I thought the original substrate had stopped working. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Except that's not my question. The plants grew like crazy with the first fixture I had and as soon as I switched them out things started to go downhill.

Diffrent bulbs= diffrent color spectrums and plants can only use some of them for photosynthesis with the 2 bulbs u were prob getting enough of those colors and now with the 1 u prob don't have enough

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size is your tank? 36" single t5 is probably not strong enough anyways.

You cut the amount of light in half for your plants. Ignoring the k rating, the decrease in light would absolutely bave an effect on your plants like that.

So if I put in a 6700k bulb can I still use one of the higher ones on the other side? Or just the 6700?

Back
Top Bottom