Light for 30g High tech tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orca2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is 2x24w t5 bulbs enough for my 30g planted aquarium with co2 and ferts? or should I get 4x24w t5 bulbs
I have reflector too.

Thank you.

What plants are you thinking of getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Eleocharis sp. 'mini'
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
Rotala wallichi

and few more that need medium or high light

Only add the second light if you plan on using pressurized co2. Otherwise stick with just the one light. You will have terrible algae problems. I have the same setup in my 30G and when I ran out of co2 once it got bad real quick.

I'd go for the quad, that way you always have the option of very high light but can also tone it down by running 2 or 3 bulbs. Have you considered a dimmable LED too? An Ecoxotic or BML might be more upfront but you wouldn't have to worry about replacing bulbs.

Only add the second light if you plan on using pressurized co2. Otherwise stick with just the one light. You will have terrible algae problems. I have the same setup in my 30G and when I ran out of co2 once it got bad real quick.

I do use pressurized co2. Can you tel me how many bubbles per second you run?

I'd go for the quad, that way you always have the option of very high light but can also tone it down by running 2 or 3 bulbs. Have you considered a dimmable LED too? An Ecoxotic or BML might be more upfront but you wouldn't have to worry about replacing bulbs.

Im thinking of LED light to but i dont know much about it yet.

Back
Top Bottom