Light for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Planted + has 660nm red LED's to enhance the color of red plants in addition to 7000K whites. The Ray 2 is all 7000K LED's.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Planted + has 660nm red LED's to enhance the color of red plants in addition to 7000K whites. The Ray 2 is all 7000K LED's.

In addition, the Ray2 has a higher PAR rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, I bought 20" LED lights from National Geographic for my 10 gallon planted tank. it seems to me little bit darker than my CFL. I had 10 w each, two CFL, 5100 K. will my LED produce enough lights for my planted tank? thanks in advance.

Honestly, probably not. The NG fixtures aren't designed for plant growth, more general tank lighting. I don't even think they advertise the wavelengths their figures give off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just had a thought... Should I get a ray 2 or a planted plus? Which would be best for medium light, but without algae problems?

Just had a thought... Should I get a ray 2 or a planted plus? Which would be best for medium light, but without algae problems?

What size tank? If it is less than 16" tall I'd recommend the planted plus.. it throws some quality light, you can run the blues full time to give your fish and plants a nicer look..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have similar question, which one is better for regular 10 gall. I want to grow grasslike carpet:angel:

What size tank? If it is less than 16" tall I'd recommend the planted plus.. it throws some quality light, you can run the blues full time to give your fish and plants a nicer look..

My tank is 18 inches tall

I think the planted plus will put you on the lower end of med light in 18" tanks

Is liquid CO2 good enough with Finex Ray 2 in 10 Gall?

Back
Top Bottom