Light issue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok.

MH might be the cheapest option. Still not cheap though... I wish I had something better for ya, and someone might chime in with a better opinion. But unfortunately, it is a deep tank with a small opening on top. Conventional lighting just won't perform very well... not enough space.

the link that i put up would that give me more then i have now??..maybe its the white sand it doesnt seem so dark at the bottom of the tank..

What it looks like, and what the PAR (Photosynthetically Available Radiation) measurement is are two different things.

Yes, that fixture would definitely be much more light than you currently have. It might be worth a try. I think it still might be a little underpowered for your depth though.

true...but at this point i need more light..and for the shape its hard to find..and in a price i can actually "afford" lol i'm just not sure to go with double bright or single bright one..i youtubed the double bright and saw a cichlid tank which was pretty

I would go with double bright.

PAR is a measurement of how much light is actually available for a plant to use. It isn't necessarily a function of brightness (at least to the human eye).

No problem. It is an interesting sized tank. I wish I had a better solution for you. Like I said, someone more creative than me may have a more economical solution. If you have any friends that might want to help out and have basic electrical skills, a DIY build would be fun, and be cheaper and more effective than an off the shelf, so just keep that in mind... I know we covered it already.

Best of luck!

i'm still researching stuff...i may need a different top after the light comes in etc...so i was trying to figure out if anyone sells something in that shape in glass .....i've seen pentagons hexagons and octagons...if i googled those in shapes and fish tanks..my tank is a hexagon..i have no idea why it was called an octagon when i bought it..clearly its not..i'm so sorry...i cant believe all this time i was under this impression!

Back
Top Bottom