Light setting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a current usa satellite led plus fixture on my 55 and I was wondering what setting is best for plants. I can adjust the reds, whites, blues and Greens. Right now I have them all on max. I'm wondering what I get people do with this fixture to help the plants grow and the fish be healthy. And as a side note, when i do the lightning storm mode my anglefish end up fighting and locking lips, anyone else have this problem?

Lightning storm mode? dear me. I know little about lights in scheme of things but i would have plain white or white and blue only for asthetic reasons and by the sounds of it the led strip lights you have wont have much if any effect on plant growth. Do you know the wattage of these leds? My friend had some cheap strip leds that changed color and it stressed his fish, if your angels are fighting because of them, then its stressing your fish out too.

Also do you know what lights are built in to the 55? Usually supplied lights are only really good for low light plants like java fern, anubias, java moss and afew more.

Have a current usa satellite led plus fixture on my 55 and I was wondering what setting is best for plants. I can adjust the reds, whites, blues and Greens. Right now I have them all on max. I'm wondering what I get people do with this fixture to help the plants grow and the fish be healthy. And as a side note, when i do the lightning storm mode my anglefish end up fighting and locking lips, anyone else have this problem?

Running all the colors on max will be best for the plants. You can adjust the red and blue to your visual liking, but all of them on 100% will be the best. These are great LEDs for plants.

Running all the colors on max will be best for the plants. You can adjust the red and blue to your visual liking, but all of them on 100% will be the best. These are great LEDs for plants.

Can i just ask how you could possibly know without even knowing what they are or their wattage? For all we know they could be ebay specials and 0.05watts each led.

Certain led lights are fantastic yes indeedy but some are terrible and without know what they are who knows? And usually the ones that are multi colored with greens and yellow ect are just for show and certainly wont be anygood for planted aquariums.

Maybe im just ill informed on led lights, OP can you give us a better idea of what light fixture we're dealing with?

Last edited:
Can i just ask how you could possibly know without even knowing what they are or their wattage? For all we know they could be ebay specials and 0.05watts each led. Certain led lights are fantastic yes indeedy but some are terrible and without know what they are who knows? And usually the ones that are multi colored with greens and yellow ect are just for show and certainly wont be anygood for planted aquariums. Maybe im just ill informed on led lights, OP can you give us a better idea of what light fixture we're dealing with?
Umm, the first sentence of the first post says exactly what fixture the OP has, the Current Satellite+

Umm, the first sentence of the first post says exactly what fixture the OP has, the Current Satellite+

Roger that. Well i read the post clearly enough and didnt even pick that up as the model of lighting. Shows how much i know about the subject! Thanks.

Welcome to the forum anyway! Nice to see i can make people join so they can tell me im a fool :D you have to stay now.

Oh Molli. I am so glad I'm not alone. I miss things on post pretty often. The best flump was when I typed out a pretty lengthy reply to help a poster out then sent only to realize that I was in another post and was replying to the one I had read and closed previously. Made me feel like a real Einstein. LOL OS.

To be fair, the lack of capitalization makes it tough to spot the fixture name unless you look real close. And if it makes you feel better, I didn't join just to point out your mistake, I've been lurking for months. Not sure why I decided to break the silence in this manner, but there ya go.

Oh Molli. I am so glad I'm not alone. I miss things on post pretty often. The best flump was when I typed out a pretty lengthy reply to help a poster out then sent only to realize that I was in another post and was replying to the one I had read and closed previously. Made me feel like a real Einstein. LOL OS.
Lol, It happens doesnt it.
To be fair, the lack of capitalization makes it tough to spot the fixture name unless you look real close. And if it makes you feel better, I didn't join just to point out your mistake, I've been lurking for months. Not sure why I decided to break the silence in this manner, but there ya go.
I actually would of prefered to of heard that that's the reason you did join. Doing my part, 'Giving back to the forum'!! Well back on topic..

Thats actually a brand I was looking into buying. Its very affordable when compared to marineland and the ray2.

Thats actually a brand I was looking into buying. Its very affordable when compared to marineland and the ray2.
I was going to buy the ray 2 actually but then I heard that sometimes of you touch the light they will turn off due to the static. Some people thought the light was good but poorly built. I like the current I have had it on my tank for about two to three weeks and it's been doing good. I only change the lighting if people are over to show them the effect, it's not like storm mode is on all day.

Back
Top Bottom