Lighting 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boom done!! I acquired all necessary components on my morning run to ace hardware, had my electrician wire it up at work, this puppy is bright!!!!!! The fun part will be putting all together later!! Thanks pit bully for the inspiration!!!

No problem Brooksrer, im just glad I can contribute to the hobby. I bought switches, but didnt use then. Instead my timer works as the switch.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No problem Brooksrer, im just glad I can contribute to the hobby. I bought switches, but didnt use then. Instead my timer works as the switch. Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
crap, I didn't even think of that.. Oh well ... I kind of like the idea of a quick kill switch anyways.. They had some digital timers at Home Depot on sale for 7$, I'm thinking of getting those so I can do offset lighting periods.. Run my LEDs full photo period and this new cfl for 4 hours at the end of the 7 hour period.. This would kind if mimick the sun at full blast in the afternoon...

I didn't either. The switches I purchased were in-line switches and the last step of the build. So after I built the light I wanted to see it in action, then realize I had my timers and skipped the last step. Pretty new to explaining diy projects, hopefully I will not forget steps next time. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brookster - I am posting a link to your DIY fluorescent-to-CFL conversion post because of it relevance:
Pittbully's DIY cfl hood conversion! By brookster http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306848

I have a plant grow out tank with the CFLs set vertically using the silver dome lamps. I might employ this technique to retrofit an old hood (wife thinks the clamps on lights look dreadful).

That's great!! It's really a massive improvement in tank ascetics alone, I can't see my plants hating in either;)

The light arrived but without directions. (Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights, 30-Inch)
It has 2 switches. One turns on white LEDs and a few red LEDs. The other turns on blue LEDs. Do I run all the lights when lighting my planted tank?

The light arrived but without directions. (Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights, 30-Inch)
It has 2 switches. One turns on white LEDs and a few red LEDs. The other turns on blue LEDs. Do I run all the lights when lighting my planted tank?

You could. But you do not have too. I have the regular fugeray (w/out the reds) and when I run the blues the lighting has a slightly cooler, brighter, bluish tint to int.

Back
Top Bottom