Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finnex fugeray planted + is a great light and not to expensive. What are you trying to achieve though ? Low, med, or high light ?

We also need to know the size of the tank. The deeper it is the more expensive it's gonna get.

A Satellite Planted+ should also give med-high.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank Lighting

What should I get?

Hello Just...

I go for the basics. A couple of strips from the pet store and GE aquarium bulbs from the hardware store. Depending on the length of the tank, the works, lights and all roughly $100.00.

B

Hello Just...

I go for the basics. A couple of strips from the pet store and GE aquarium bulbs from the hardware store. Depending on the length of the tank, the works, lights and all roughly $100.00.

B

So you're suggesting a less energy efficient light that needs bulb changes regularly that outputs less light for $30 more than the price of the fixtures that were already suggested?

So you're suggesting a less energy efficient light that needs bulb changes regularly that outputs less light for $30 more than the price of the fixtures that were already suggested?

Makes dollars not cents...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finnex fugeray is not much more than 100 and it's cheaper to run and no replacing bulbs. I am getting good growth after 1 month or so. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401834374.696329.jpg

I just checked the aquavibrant site and a 20" Finnex FugeRay costs $59.99. However, the OP wants medium to high then I'd suggest the planted plus ($68) or the current USA fixture.

If you want to go with LEDs, get a fugeray ray2. Its in the correct spectrum and gives off higher par than all of the fixtures previously stated. Its a tad more expensive, but totally worth it!

If you want to go with LEDs, get a fugeray ray2. Its in the correct spectrum and gives off higher par than all of the fixtures previously stated. Its a tad more expensive, but totally worth it!

The only problem with that it it's around 80 par for a 10g tank. With that high of a par rating you will almost absolutely need CO2 rather than the Glut you could get away with using on a lower light tank.

With all of the light fixtures suggested, bar the t8 shop lights, co2 will most definitely be needed.

On a 10 I'd highly recommend the planted plus.. the ray II will most likely be a bit to much.. the reds in the plus will give your tank a much nicer look..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With all of the light fixtures suggested, bar the t8 shop lights, co2 will most definitely be needed.

Not necessarily, the finnex planted +, fugeray, and Current USA fixtures should all put a 10g tank in the medium light range in which excel works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom