Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you said to get in there and douse that algae with hydrogen peroxide, that won't hurt any scale less fish or plants right?

May hurt mosses and vals. Havnt had an issue with my scale less fish. I go up to a ml/gal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a little bunch of Java moss but it's just what was left over from my old tank and some how got transfered over. So I'm really not fond of it anyways. Wouldn't mind getting rid of it

Experiment!!! In the name of science and all things scientific!!!

I will. Thanks for the advice. Dies the peroxide just nuke it instantly?

The moss? Not sure, I've never tried it, I have used it in a tank with jungle val and they all died shortly after. No way of really knowing but I wouldn't try it again. When applied to bba it will turn from black to red, if you have Amano shrimp than it will be gone entirely after a few days. They'll eat up while it's alive but they inhale it when it dead/dying.

Those boogers are so hard to find. I've been searching locally for some for about 6 months.

One LFS had some labeled as "algae eating shrimp" and they looked very similar to Amano shrimp. I do have some rcs and ghost shrimp in there. They do a decent job and my BN pleco does a good job as well.

How do I order off there? Is there a cart and payment or just email the list to her

Also, I'm thinking about getting that aquatek co2 regulator. So just get that off amazon for 87.99? Then I can buy cheap paintball co2 tanks around here at some local stores.

Email her. The paintball regulator? I run one on my 30 gal, it works fine. With the premium you can upgrade to a larger tank if you get sick of bi- monthly refill.

With a 46 gallon, how much co2 will I be using? Like a tank every month? Or weekly, biweekly.

I don't have demanding plants on there now. My most demanding would probably be the A. Reckkii

Also, I have DHG that my Cory cats are destroying. This is my 2nd attempt with similar results as the first go around. This attempt produced no runners even in the most lighted part of my tank but wasn't able to give it time with the new light. What plants can survive diggers. By that I mean Cory cats a dragon goby and a yoyo loach who is a menace to my plants ?

I'll post a picture of my tank but I want a good carpet plant on my red side to go in front of my red plants for that pop on those colors. I really like Monte Carlo but not sure if I can carpet that without co2 though. Also, would it be worth my whole to just buy a mat and plant it as is to avoid a slow spread and me losing patience with it?

Also, I have DHG that my Cory cats are destroying. This is my 2nd attempt with similar results as the first go around. This attempt produced no runners even in the most lighted part of my tank but wasn't able to give it time with the new light. What plants can survive diggers. By that I mean Cory cats a dragon goby and a yoyo loach who is a menace to my plants [emoji21]

I'll post a picture of my tank but I want a good carpet plant on my red side to go in front of my red plants for that pop on those colors. I really like Monte Carlo but not sure if I can carpet that without co2 though. Also, would it be worth my whole to just buy a mat and plant it as is to avoid a slow spread and me losing patience with it?

Carpets take a lot of time and effort. You will need to trim the hair grass weekly depending on growth rate. If you trim the top down a tad then it will tend to send out runners quickly. However only if it's needs are met (carpets love co2) as for keeping it down you might have to try and thread it through some stainless mesh to start with untill it gains some good roots.

If you thread individual strands through the mesh holes on small squares and bury the mesh a tiny bit it should stop them from getting a grab on it.

Back
Top Bottom