Lighting advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to upgrade my lighting to something better with higher PAR and am trying to decide what to get. Here's my current set up:

60 gallon long (24" tall). 2x54w T5HO lights (Odyssea) and 2x15w plant growth bulbs.

I want to get a LED (and am probably going to add co2 also).

4 questions......

1. The PAR chart on the planted tank site shows the Finnex Ray2 DX has decent PAR.....but when I search for that product I only find a Finnex Ray2 (without the DX). Is this the same product? Will the Ray2 give me more PAR than I have now?

2. Also, I like the aestics and functions on the Current Satellite Plus Pro but it does not give me more PAR than I have now. Is there another light like that for a similar price but with PAR in the 50-60 range like the Ray2?

3. If the light I am researching is not listed on the chart on TPT and the manufacturer does not give PAR info how do you have any clue what the PAR is?

4. Last time I bought a light I bought the 48" as my tank is 48" long but it didn't fit! It was actually for a longer tank. So stupid Q maybe but if I get the Ray2 do I get the 48" and will it actually fit this time?!!

Thanks guys

If you had the funds available check out "Build My LED"...They have fixtures to suit your needs.. adjustable light intensity,great fixtures..

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

If you had the funds available check out "Build My LED"...They have fixtures to suit your needs.. adjustable light intensity,great fixtures..

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds pricey! I don't mind up to say $250 but anything custom sounds like more than that, but I'll check it out thanks.

Back
Top Bottom