Lighting and CO2 for 6g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a plain fluval chi tank and I'm looking to set up a nano heavily planted shrimp tank.

I've know par38 bulbs have been used in saltwater setups, so I'm thinking I could use a cheap par20 led bulb on a goose neck as lighting.

Also, anybody have good setups for a nano diy co2 build?

I have a nano 6g rimless tank myself. I started out as high tech with pressurized CO2, then tried DIY, and now it's a low tech shrimp tank.

One problem I've leaned is that DIY CO2 in a nano tank such as a 6g might be too much for shrimp. Shrimp are pretty sensitive to too much CO2. Their babies will most likely parish because DIY CO2 will be unstable and is not controllable. My drop checker always hit yellow. It might be okay if you keep fish rather than shrimp. But if you want shrimp, I'd recommend either going low tech or getting a pressurized CO2 system like an Aquatek paintball regulator system.

Not sure about your lighting to really comment on it. Are there PAR values somewhere online?

Last edited:
All I could find on the light was that it was 500 lumens. I've read that others have gone this route but haven't found any updated threads on whether it did the job or not.

I figure I'll test it out and see how it goes. I'll keep it low tech, maybe I'll dose liquid ferts seeing as I'm using fluval stratum substrate.

I know that I definitely want a dense, heavily planted tank, almost jungle like. Lots of shrimp too. Undecided if I want some nano fish yet.

Back
Top Bottom