Lighting Blunder???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just got a new Finnex Planted Plus for my tank. I've been running cheap hood lights for the longest and even though I was successful with a few plants I've been wanting to upgrade forever.

Did all my research, posted threads and questions and all that jazz. Anyway for Christmas I got a Amazon gift card and used that toward my purchase. Got the light a few days ago. Perfect condition. Plugged it in and it looks great.

So I'm off work today and did a huge trim and clean on my tank. Honestly I had been neglecting it for months and had algae and overgrowth everywhere. I also hadn't tested my params in over a year and did those too. Embarrassed to post results lol

After a 50% empty and refill, trimming and rearranging, added fresh tabs, cleaned the glass, rinsed the media( changing the filters to an Eheim 2217), and all the other work. Finally I'm excited to put the new light on and the realization hits me.......

I have a tank brace and ordered a 48" light. By the way the tank is standard 55 gallon. So the question to my planted buddies here is should I return and spring for 2 24" fixtures, stick with what I have( doesn't seem like the brace is blocking too much ), or maybe cut the brace out?

Please help me because I'm kicking myself in my rear end here lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's fine, don't cut the brace!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah that's like not I want to really do anyway. Oddly enough I have an empty 55 in my basement that is braceless. Just needs to be resealed.

Thanks for responding Brookster. Good job on your tanks too. I follow a lot a couple of your threads.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't see it being an issue for the most part. Just A small shadow is it, but two 24in would be more aesthetically pleasing. Do you have a pic?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom